Las Majadas (Spain), March 23 – 29, 2015
The Training School on UAVs and biogeochemical cycling was organised by COST Action ES1309 OPTIMISE and aimed at young researchers from across Europe involved in spectral measurements.
Besides the lectures on spectroscopy and biogeochemistry, a field campaign took place at the experimental site Las Majadas: students were actively involved in the ground-truth activities and in the data processing.
The program also included some hands-on sessions on spectral data integration into ecological models. Moreover, demonstration on the use of UAVs for ecosystem studies were carried out.
A presentation of the work and of the results achieved during the Training School were required at the end from all trainees:
The participation was free and the selected students received a grant from OPTIMISE of €900 to cover travel, accommodation, and living expenses. Students were expected to share a room and take meals provided within the hotel that was booked for the course.
On completion of the training school trainers and trainees moved to Madrid where the trainees gave a presentation of the (interim) results of their work at the OPTIMISE workshop held on 30th and 31st March. OPTIMISE_MadridWorkshopAndMC_MeetingandAgenda
- Alasdair Mac Arthur – NERC Field Spectroscopy Facility -University of Edinburgh (UK)
- Karen Anderson – Environment and Sustainability Institute, University of Exeter (UK)
- Pilar Martin – Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (ES)
- Enrico Tomelleri – EURAC, Institute for Applied Remote Sensing (IT)
- Micol Rossini Remote Sensing of Environmental Dynamics Laboratory, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca (IT)
- (AM) Alasdair Mcarthur
- (KA) Karen Anderson
- (AH) Andreas Hüni
- (ET) Enrico Tomelleri
- (FF) Francesco Fava
- (LA) Luis Alonso
- (PY) Peiqi Yang
- (TK) Taras Kazantsev
- (MJ) Marcos Jimenez
Training School was hosted by
Dr Pilar Martín and Dr Arnaud Carrara of CEAM (ES)
With the support of
The COST Association COST Action ES1309 ‘OPTIMISE’, the NERC Field Spectroscopy Facility (UK) and CSIC (ES)